Given this excerpt from the py4web documentation:

The request object

>From py4web you can import request

from py4web import request

@action('paint')
def paint():
    if 'color' in request.query
       return 'Painting in %s' % request.query.get('color')
    return 'You did not specify a color'

This action can be accessed at:

http://localhost:8000/myapp/paint?color=red

Notice that the request object is the a Bottle request object

My controller signature looks like this:

@action('administration/links', method=['GET', 'POST'])
@action.uses('list.html', session, db, auth.user)
def links():
    current_page_number = request.query.get('page') if 'page' in request.query
else 1

But, when I try to access:

http://127.0.0.1:8000/py4web_test/link?page=2

I get a 404 error. - WARNING:tornado.access:404 GET
/py4web_test/link?page=2 (127.0.0.1) 1.79ms

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Is there a way to tell it that you have
an optional parameter that may or may not be passed in?

-Jim