Yes, I will post my main utils.py when I have it working better.  I still
have to clean up a couple pieces.  It would be up to Massimo if he wanted
to add it.  But in response to one of my earlier questions I was told
Massimo kept a utility like this out of py4web so people might use better
tools like datatables.  And, I doubt my code is 'framework-ready'.  But it
could give others insight into how you can work with py4web.

Speaking of datatables, I wrote a datatables integration for web2py last
summer.  I think I could also add that to my utils.py pretty easily.
Actually, the datatables piece would be easier that what I've done writing
my own.  Would you use datatables for complete CRUD, or just to list your
table for record selection, etc.?

Now that you mentioned mtable, I too recall hearing that before, but
haven't gotten in to it at all.  Like I said, I haven't jumped in to the
client-side javascript much yet, other than jquery.

-Jim