On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 1:14:41 PM UTC-8, RHC wrote:

> Just to confirm, will that call to foo(0 return the html generated using
> that function and it's template?
>
> My view on the various follow up questions about LOAD is that we should
> use existing frameworks where possible rather than complicating py4web. The
> appeal of py4web is that it has less of it's own javascript which in web2py
> was awkward to work around if it didn't work the way you needed it to.

My take is that one of the selling points of web2py was "everything you
need to get going"  (aka "everything is in the box"),
and I think both FORM and LOAD are key parts of that.  I think Massimo has
thought quite a bit about modularity, so I'd expect that FORM (and any
putative LOAD) would be easy to swap out.

That said, the pjax suggestion and the alpine suggestion are both
intriguing to someone with minimal VUE/REACT/ANGULAR experience.

Dave
/dps