Looks nice enough, though it is missing an easy way to configure scopes and
claims.

It dont see it anywhere in their free account actually.

I would probably rather advice to go with Auth0 or Okta.

I work for Okta so that is why I have integrated web2py with Okta in a
sample app.
I can send you the configuration and they have a free edition too for 1000
users per month just like
DID and you can easily configure claims and scopes.

If you do not trust me on this go with Auth0, they can also help with
claims and scopes and I think
its free for 1000 users too, but Auth0 requires to do some scripting to
configure your scopes on the Auth0 web client.

So I think Okta is easier, but its just my 2 cents of course.