I'm just getting started with web2py (on pythonanywhere).

In this series of examples http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/examples I
can follow along in the simple_examples controller that comes installed in
the example app by default.

However:
Example 7 wasn't in the controller. When I copy & paste it in it works.
Example 10 wasn't in the controller. When I copy & paste it in it works.
Example 13 doesn't work. When I run it from
http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/examples I get an internal error.
When I copy & paste it into my controller and run it I download a a "file"
with no extension which does have text. On Windows text editors can open it.
The controller has ajaxwiki_onclick() which doesn't generate any errors but
also generates a blank page

I was trying to follow along with the tutorial writing my own code in my
own app (not the default example one) but I got stuck real quick when this
video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHu8O1gZOl0&t=1317s and the examples
say to use a dict. Maybe you have to have a matching view to return a dict?
Maybe there's a Python syntax change? Maybe executing on pythonanywhere is
different from localhost? Only the actual simple_examples controller had
comments like "page rendered with/without template".