Hi,

currently I'm in hurry. Thus, only a quick help by hint:

In your second, non-working example, I can't find a the target which is
addressed by your call (first example from documentation it's <div
id="target"></div>)

And why do you want a ajax action for the <td>, because it's static. What
do you want to archive by this? Maybe there is an easier way for that.

Best regards
Clemens