Hi Andrea

According to
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/python/pyodbc/step-3-proof-of-concept-connecting-to-sql-using-pyodbc?view=sql-server-ver15

*pyODBC uses* the *Microsoft ODBC* driver for SQL Server. If your version
of the *ODBC* driver *is* 17.1 or later, you *can use* the Azure Active
Directory interactive mode of the *ODBC* driver through *pyODBC*.

The numbers might not match yours but the concept should be the same -
pyodbc goes through Microsoft odbc.

It's been a while since I have done something with any odbc driver. But my
first step would be ensuring Microsoft ODBC is working fine. Maybe you have
done that already. I used to just create a connection from, say, MS Office
or Access and verify that I could read the data I needed. Then I would move
onto whatever app it was that I was trying to set up with odbc.