So far all I have been able achieve is asking the user for permission to
send them notifications & if they accept all that happens is that everytime
they open the app they get a greetings notification, achieving that was not
complicated because it was straight forward, I placed the code in my
main.js script & it runs everytime the service worker gets registered.

*CODE:*
Notification.requestPermission(result => {
  if (result === 'granted') {
    showNotification('Welcome to My App™', 'Everything Services™')
  }
});

function showNotification(title, message) {
  if ('Notification' in window) {
    navigator.serviceWorker.ready.then(registration => {
      registration.showNotification(title, {
        body: message,
        tag: 'my-app',
        icon:'/init/static/images/icon_192x192.png',
        badge:'/init/static/images/icon_128x128.png',
        vibrate: [200, 100, 200, 100, 200, 100]
      });
    });
  }