the timeout is part of rocket webserver, not web2py. if you're running
fastcgi, that's where you want to set a timeout: as configuration in IIS
(see  python - How do I stop FastCGI process exceeding the configured
request timeout - Stack Overflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57917122/how-do-i-stop-fastcgi-process-exceeding-the-configured-request-timeout>

or something like that )