I am biased, but do yourself a favor and write it with py4web.

The execution isn't just a little bit faster, it is orders of magnitude
faster.

Check out the SouthBreeze sample app I wrote using py4web, bulma and htmx.
https://southbreeze.pythonbench.com

Documentation for web2py is better, but a lot of it translates to py4web.

Are you an experienced web2py developer?  If so, check out the py4web docs
on web2py and py4web differences
-> https://py4web.com/_documentation/static/en/chapter-15.html

Major update to the py4web git repo yesterday that takes replaces Bottle in
py4web with ombott written by ValK.

Another recent change with significant performance improvement is the move
from yatl to renoir for template rendering. No syntax changes, just LOTS
faster.

Using htmx for reactivity in the front end is significantly easier than
using JS libraries/frameworks for front-end development (again, my
opinion).  https://htmx.org

Ok, I'll shut up now....

We're here to help with py4web questions on the google group or the discord
channel https://discord.gg/xCzQ9KTk3W

-Jim