I wish I could help, but I'm not javascript guru.  That's why I've moved to
py4web, grid and htmx.

Do you have the datatables .css and .js files loaded?
jquery.dataTables.min.js is not all that you need.

cdn.datatables.net/1.11.3/css/jquery.dataTables.min.css
cdn.datatables.net/1.11.3/js/jquery.dataTables.min.js

-Jim