I recently switched from sqlite to MS SQL and my application no longer
allows me to add new records using the smartgrad.  I have editable and
deletable set to True but I can only view the records.

If I use a basic SQLFORM I can add records, but I would prefer using the
smartgrid.
Is there a trick to getting it working with MS SQL?

This only allows me to view the record:
    grid = SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.image, create=True, editable=True,
deletable=True, linked_tables=['post'])
    return dict(grid=grid)

With this is I can add new records:
    record = db.image(request.args(0))  # Tries to get  an existing record
where the id is specified in the first argument if the url.

    image_form = SQLFORM(db.image, record)  # Creates a form based on the
'image' table. If a record was found, it will show the record details

    if image_form.process().accepted:  # When the form is submitted (not
when it is created) it will try and process it and add the record or save
any changes to the record.
        response.flash = 'form accepted'
    elif image_form.errors:
        response.flash = 'form has errors'