Thanks for the brief how-to.  Seems like everything is complicated on
OS400. I didn't have as much success.  My first run stopped at:

$ /QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/bin/python
web2py.py
Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "web2py.py", line 17, in
<module>
    import
gluon.widget
  File "/QOpenSys/web2py/gluon/widget.py", line 50, in
<module>
    logging.warn('GUI not available because Tk library is not
installed')
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/logging/
__init__.py", line 1441, in warning
    root.warning(*((msg,)+args),
**kwargs)
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/logging/
__init__.py", line 1042, in warning
    self._log(WARNING, msg, args,
**kwargs)
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/logging/
__init__.py", line 1142, in _log
    record = self.makeRecord(self.name, level, fn, lno, msg, args,
exc_info, func, extra)
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/logging/
__init__.py", line 1117, in makeRecord
    rv = LogRecord(name, level, fn, lno, msg, args, exc_info,
func)
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/logging/
__init__.py", line 272, in __init__
    from multiprocessing import
current_process
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/
__init__.py", line 63, in <module>
    from multiprocessing.process import Process, current_process,
active_children
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/
process.py", line 285, in <module>
    _current_process = _MainProcess
()
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/
process.py", line 282, in __init__
    self._authkey = AuthenticationString(os.urandom
(32))
  File "/QOpenSys/download/INSTALLDIR/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 755,
in urandom
    raise NotImplementedError("/dev/urandom (or equivalent) not
found")
NotImplementedError: /dev/urandom (or equivalent) not
found

I don't have a /dev/urandom on this platform and I can't disable
logging (it's too integral I think).  You must have a more complete
PASE setup than I.

-tim