I was updating a small web2py app this morning, after moving to 1.74.2, and in
doing so I diffed some of its files against the current welcome app, and
noticed that a lot of the appadmin code (that I hadn't modified) had been
updated (primarykey support, for example).

Likewise, web2py_ajax.html was considerably changed.

I haven't been following the plugin discussion very closely, so I'm not sure
that it's quite the right mechanism, but it seems to me that it might make
sense for appadmin, and perhaps web2py_ajax, to be implemented/named as
plugins, to make it more obvious that it's generic web2py functionality that
might want to be updated along with the rest of the framework.

Along those lines, another thing that would have come in handy would have been
a virgin copy of the template (welcome) app that I used to build my own app. If
I had that, it'd be easier to diff the current template app against the one I
used, and to distinguish between changes made to the web2py distribution from
the changes I had made. I could do that manually, of course, but it didn't
occur to me at the time.