My applications have a number of files in common which I would like to
store under a subdomain:
e.g. files.example.com

At the moment I store these files in the static folders of the
applications and use the following URLs to retrieve them:

in web2py_ajax:

response.files.insert(0,URL(r=request,c='static',f='jquery.js'))

in a custom controller:

response.image=URL(r=request,c='static',f='cms/media/default_1.jpg')

Is it possible to store the .js .css and .jpg files under
files.example.com, if so, where on the server should I store them and
what would the URLs in the applications read like?

Kind regards,

Annet