It's never that easy. Magnitus, you can use LightTPD on Windows. I'm not sure if it will satisfy the 64-bit requirement though. I've gotten web2py working through FastCGI on LightTPD on windows. Because web2py runs as a separate process, it can be 64-bit while Lighttpd runs 32-bit. Since Lighttpd is only the HTTP<->FCGI translator, it won't be hindered by running 32-bit. You can get Lighty for windows here:

http://en.wlmp-project.net/downloads.php

-tim

On 3/8/2010 3:27 PM, Albert Abril wrote:
I know it could sounds cruel, but.. try to leave windows

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Magnitus <eric_vallee2...@yahoo.ca <mailto:eric_vallee2...@yahoo.ca>> wrote:

    > LOL.  That ambiguous phrasing may be enough to tip Graham Dumpleton
    > over the edge!

    Yes, well, unless I'm using the language of mathematics, I'm not the
    best of communicator for technical stuff. I apologize.

    > Others have also spoken enthusiastically about Lighttpd / Nginx in
    > terms of speed,  and a smaller memory footprint too, so try
    searching
    > the group. See these for example:

    Problem is that I'm developing for windows.

    I don't have anything against Linux, but learning how to use it in
    most of the gory details (so that I can run a server on it) would be
    too much of an overhead at this point in time considering the other
    things I have to pick up (the only thing I'd pick up reasonably
    quickly are the C system calls).

    Nginx's window version is beta (http://nginx.org/en/docs/
    windows.html <http://nginx.org/en/docs/%0Awindows.html>).

    Cherokee's window version is broken (and will be beta for a while once
    its functional again).

    Lighttpd doesn't work on Windows.

    I'm not sure how well IIS works with anything that is not C# or VB for
    the web framework and I'm not ready to capitulate to C# just yet.

    I guess I'll try to figure out how to compile Apache on a newish
    rendition of windows in 64 bits a bit longer. I found some interesting
    links for that.