I looked at it and you did excellent work.

I have one issue and one proposal.

The issue is that plugin_editable_jqgrid.py exposes classes and
methods that do not start with plugin_editable_jqgrid and that is a
problem because can potentially conflict with other plugins.

The proposal is that we merge it with the existing jqgrid plugin.

Can you take a first crack at merging them?
I will be happy to do any required cleanup work and post it.

Massimo