On Mar 29, 7:59 pm, Michael Toomim <too...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is on linux!  Do you recommend upgrading and trying again?
>
> mturk doesn't affect anything, I am just serving webpages that appear
> in iframes on the mturk website.  From our perspective, I'm serving
> webpages.
>
> Do you have a method of logging how much time it takes to serve a page
> with rocket?  Something that I can use instead of httpserver.log?  It
> seems important for me to measure real-world performance, which ab
> does not do.

Have you used / looked at  yslow, or page-speed?

Have you tried timing it by removing the browser from the equation?
(I.e. use curl to get the output from a controller)?

How slow is this if you DO NOT go thru iframes in mturk?

Sound to me like getting to the right question is the first step -
instead of "why is web2py" or "why is rocket" slow (which it doesn't
seem you know at all), the question should start with "why is my
application slow?" --- draw a map of all that's involved with serving
your app, and figure out ways to measure where the bottleneck is, then
focus on that.

When you can show some data, layout your suspicions per component,
then your questions wil likely provide fruit.

- Yarko