I tried to move the part which asks session for the ctime value into a
model:

def sestime():
    return session.ctime

In controller there is:

class Blah:
    def sessiontime(self):
        return sestime()

def cache_test():
    import time
    session.ctime = time.ctime()
    def blah():
        return Blah()
    b = cache.ram('blah',blah,30)
    return dict(cached=b.sessiontime(), current=session.ctime)

And still the same, the cached and current differ. The old session is
wired into the cache somehow, hmmm..

The examples are silly, of course, just to show the problem. I wish to
use the cache to store complex objects, constructed on results of
multiple queries. The objects have various methods operating on their
properties in context of session. Once I cache the objects (to avoid
tons of queries), my program breaks :(

David