I think you're trying to over-complicate things. web2py is built around the idea of the server-client (or request-response) relationship. While capable of Ajax, the default paradigm of web2py reloads pages on most requests. In this model (not to be confused with the Model portion of MVC), what is sent to the browser is all View.

However, in the context of Rich Internet Applications, I don't think it makes much sense for web2py to try to match its Models with client-side Models in Javascript. To do so, web2py would need to be married to a specific Javascript toolkit (more-so than it already is). It's possible that web2py's DAL could have added functionality that exposes ExtJS's directStore functionality, but that's the only way I could see marrying both server-side and client-side MVC components.

Am I misunderstanding you?