Hello,

I've deployed the latest version of web2py on Dreamhost using wsgi.
I'm using a custom installation of Python 2.5.

The web2py installation seems to work fine, but there's one problem.

I've created a test program using the qooxdoo web application
framework for the GUI part which mimics the functionality in the
pyjamas example program: displaying a list of todo items, adding and
deleting items.

It works fine on my local development machine, it works fine on GAE,
but on my Dreamhost installation I'm getting an error when trying to
add a task that contains non ascii symbols, for example Russian
characters as in "задание номер один" (task number one).

I also have a pyjamas version of the same todo app and it exhibits the
same behavior (works fine on GAE, not so on Dreamhost).

Here is the message that I get back from the xmlrpc method call to addTask:

Exception during async call: UNEXPECTED origin undefined error 100:
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position
0-5: ordinal not in range(128)

You can see it live here:
http://www.phonetizer.com/qooxdoo

The pyjamas version is here:
http://www.phonetizer.com/pyjamas

It is also deployed on GAE and works fine here:
http://web2pyapp.appspot.com/qooxdoo

I also have a much older version of web2py deployed on Dreamhost.
Unlike the new version it uses fastcgi and works as expected.

Do you have any ideas as to why the newer version is misbehaving?

Thanks.

--
Alexei Vinidiktov