On May 8, 12:40 pm, David Marko <dma...@tiscali.cz> wrote:
> Yes, I know, but you should be able to use it without DAL using
> pymongo as a primary MongoDB python driver. And thats where my
> question goes.

If you want to experiement, and get a start, I suggest you write your
scaffolding app without / with minimal data, and see if you can live
with just using FORM, and managing your own validation.  That would be
a first step.

Then, - if you kept your scaffolding data really basic,  it should be
easy to shift to pyMongo - your queries are going to be quite
different so that is probably the next piece of work you will have: to
manage how you make reasonably compact queries that work, and look
"familiar".

Next, I imagine you will tackle managing the validation on those
queries, and tying that into your forms.

By then, you might as well adapt things that look like the SQLFORMS,
possibly borrowing, rewriting them....

Of course, this will all be much easier once someone has blazed this
trail, and you will have at least a head start on a NoDAL environment.

As long as you take it in small steps, you will at least see what
you're in for.

Let us know how your excursions go!

Regards,
- Yarko