Hi,

I googled a lot on this topic before send this email.

I am kind of postgresql newbie and of course also with web2py.

I have already designed a database with PGAdminIII that respond to my
need that has already around 50 tables with many foreign key
relationship. I use schemas to group my tables...

I need to manage all the constaints at the database level for
conformity questions and audit of database by authority agencies... I
will keep track of any modifications done in the database with
triggers to allow to keep the history of modifications in the
database. So I will have a second set of 50 tables...

Now I need a GUI to let lambda user populate the database, so I am
looking at all python framework (Django, web2py, ...) to find the one
that will handle the job with ease and flexibility...

Web2py seems a good choice for the task... But like Django, it create
table in public schema when used with postgresql (public.TABLE)...

This post pointed out many of the requirements of data centric
application needs that are not yet fully implemented in web python
frameworks in general :

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/stuff-id-love-to-see-from-django-36278

I find here (http://nxsy.org/using-postgresql-schemas-with-sqlalchemy-
and-elixir) that it could be possible to use PostgreSQL Schema with
Elixir and SQL Alchemy. What I  understand is that the DAL is the
equivalent of SQL Alchemy... I try this :
http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/189.
But it seems to me that it's only a way to let use the synthaxe of SQL
Alchemy in web2py models since SQL Alchemy is not installed.

Is the explanation here can let me use SQL Alchemy instead of the
DAL : http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/150 ???

Can I use Elixir to allow web2py understand the postgresql schema?

Is it planed to implement the management of postgresql schema in the
DAL as seems to suggest the answer of reingart in this post :
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/stuff-id-love-to-see-from-django-36278#3223746

Please forgive me my dreadful english (thank to google translate)

Thanks

Johny