I do not think this problem is a local one.

The text size that actually causes the error is 1078 characters. I am
running a loop and inserting the whole mailbox with about 400 messages
into a database. At a specific number, in this case it is 97, the loop
stops by producing the error. I can delete that message from the
mailbox but than it is the next message that causes the error.

I just tried your suggestion, to see what comes out, and set the
length to a higher value. But, as expected, this did not help.

I think there is a limit to the whole database. Do you have
information about that?