If I understand, he wants to save session values, even the user closes the
browser and returns after.

if you set e.g one week to the cookie time limit, this will keep the
reference to the session ID, but I dont think this will automaticaly keep
the session values. ( what if the server restarts?)

To maintain the state, I guess you have to store the values anywhere, even
inside the cookie. Then you have to check if the cookie exists.... Am I
wrong?

--

http://rochacbruno.com.br