On Aug 9, 9:33 am, Thadeus Burgess <thade...@thadeusb.com> wrote:
> Just make sure to follow ALL of the web2py performance enhancements.
>
> * Compile the app
> * Sessions to database
> * Make sure all database tables are designed to be thread safe
>
> (ie: don't do things like this... db.table.insert(myid=db(db.table.id
>
> > 0).select(orderby=~db.table.myid, limitby=(0,1)).first().myid + 1))

Can you explain more about how to stay thread safe with database table
design? Is there a reference you can point to? Do any common web2py
conventions tend to violate thread safety?

> Also you might want to consider only using
> form.accepts(request.vars)... when using sessions with forms can cause
> reliability issues, even if your sessions are in the database.

But without using sessions with form.accepts, don't you lose the built-
in protection against CSRF and double submission? Are there easy
alternative methods to handle those issues?

I notice this issue was discussed in [1], [2], and [3] and some tests
were proposed there. Have those tests been run or any further progress
been made on diagnosing/fixing the problem with failed requests?

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/msg/29e17a9f37a4a78f
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/msg/f6aa101f5140dc55
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/msg/cda63a88f3b71f94

Thanks.