I've made a little mistake, because I added the uploadfield option to
another field, but it didn't cause any problem. But it looks like when
I upload a file into the redirected field (the one with the
uploadfield option) web2py still doesn't create a new record in the
gallery_images table, and it can't load the image later. Here is the
traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/gluon/
restricted.py", line 188, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/
applications/init/controllers/gallery.py", line 90, in <module>
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/gluon/
globals.py", line 96, in <lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/
applications/init/controllers/gallery.py", line 88, in download
    return response.download(request,db,attachment=False)
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/gluon/
globals.py", line 196, in download
    (filename, stream) = field.retrieve(name)
  File "/home/istvan/Documents/Mercurial/web2py-trunk-test/gluon/
sql.py", line 2865, in retrieve
    data = self.uploadfield._table(query)[blob_uploadfield_name]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

And I'm really thankful for your hard work and help. :)

István