Rocket 1.2.0 is out.  It addresses the issue above and has some speed
improvements (though that might not be noticeable to the user).  If
you look at the code, it's much cleaner than it was and reflects my
maturing skill as a developer.  I've tested it on cPython 2.4 (the
legacy branch support Py2.4), 2.5, 2.6, 3.1, Jython 2.5.1 and Pypy 1.4
on Windows 7 and cPython 2.6 on Ubuntu.

While building a patch for web2py is not that complicated, I'm time-
restricted until the weekend.  If you can't wait that long, bug
Jonathan Lundell.  He's familiar enough to do it.  ;-)

Cheers,
-tim