Hi Miguel,

which test did you do from command line?
does web2py print something? Any error?

Try to do the next thing from the command line:
tail -f /var/log/mail.log

(if you are in ubuntu/debian, don't know where it would be in other
distributions...)

and see if it complaints about anything when trying to send a mail from
web2py.

Bernardo