I suggest you
webfaction.com<http://www.webfaction.com/services/hosting?affiliate=rochacbruno>the
easiest web2py hosting provider, you can easily setup many
applications,
manage its version, you have access to shell via ssh, ftp.

webfaction has a very nice way to manage your applications separated as:
webapps, domains, websites and DNS

You can easily manage many versions of the same webapp, switching it from
many websites and subdomains.

I dont know any other shared host that works like
webfaction<http://www.webfaction.com/services/hosting?affiliate=rochacbruno>does,
give it a try.

Bruno.