2011/4/11 Jonathan Lundell <jlund...@pobox.com>:
> On Apr 11, 2011, at 6:05 AM, Vasile Ermicioi wrote:
>> I would recommend to use google gears for offline work,
>> then to send all collected data to the server when you are online,
>>

> Wikipedia:
>
>> In late November 2009, numerous online news sources reported that Google is
>> going to migrate to use Web Storage rather than Gears in the future. A
>> Google spokesman later clarified that Google will however continue to
>> support Gears to not break sites using it.

The application must be usable when offline. I.E: the user must be
able to search in the available data. Also, if possible, after
synchronization, the user should have all the online data available
when offline. I don't think gears can be this, I don't know about Web
Storage. I think a server side part is needed when being offline, but
would be great if only the browser without installing more software in
the client computer could do it work. If using Gears or web storage it
can be done, it would be perfect.