2011/4/29 luckysmack <luckysm...@gmail.com>:
> python-gluon and python-web2py dont seem to be in the ubuntu repos. I
> found a .deb file here http://pkgs.org/package/python-gluon but i want
> to get some feedback first if anyone knows a better way. a few quick
> searches didnt show anything about adding a repo to ubuntu to make it
> available.

Ubuntu is a debian derivative. Ubuntu people sync their packages from
Debian unstable repository periodically.
Web2py packages are in Debian since less than a couple of weeks.
Ubuntu released a new version yesterday, so I supposse they'll take
the packages soon. The packages that are in Debian are exactly the
same that Ubuntu will take, so  you can use them if you're using a
recent Ubuntu version, because Ubuntu is not going to modify them.

Regards.
José L.