Host is Ubuntu 10.04, web2py is 1.95.1
I use Firefox 3.6.17 from the Ubuntu distribution
Added the Firebug plugin.

Running on the rocket built in server port 8000 if I enable the Net tab of
Firebug

Clicking around on the application buttons all the static CSS and Javascript
resources such as jQuery and jQueryUI and anything else the response loads
is always 200 OK and the CSS and Javascript is downloaded. Even pushing the
same top level menu item twice in a row yields the same load every time.

If I hit the refresh button in the browser toolbar then the response for the
CSS and Javascript files is 304 Not Modified.

Images are not affected and only show up as 304 Not Modified responses.

I then went to the Apache WSGI installation running on port 80 and get the
same result.

This could be a serious drag on performance depending on the network
connection. I probably didn't notice because the browser and server are on
the same machine for development work.

The files that avoid caching are the ones added to the response.files
collection in the view from what I have seen so far.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Ron