I don't understand the question. Do you want to share the same DB from two
different apps?

I suppose you could copy the models and then set your DB connection strings
to point to the same DB. In one app set migrate=False. You might even be
able to symbolically link the models from one app to the other.

The DAL can work standalone so you could put it in a module, Web2py's
site_packages or anywhere in your Python path.

If you use it outside it's normal location, include "from gluon.dal import
*" at the top of your files and then you should be able to do all the same
things (db = DAL(..., db.define_table(...).

You mentioned exporting which is quite different.
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/06?search=Exporting-and-Importing-Data

Might need to understand more completely what you are trying to do.