thank you Richard but the problem is the css code that in most or quite all layouts does not defines proper classes to manage sub menu so if you use it you will obtain ugly effects... I'm not so skilled with css and I was looking for some layout that contains classes for submenu

Sorry if my quest was not so clear

cheers

        Manuele