This is probably not a discussion we want to start. While Python may have a
small performance edge, it's nothing to get excited about. Likewise, the OP
makes performance assumptions that may not be realistic. As I thought
everyone knew, there are quite a few variables that go in to overall system
performance. Database, caching and coding optimizations are as important or
more than how the framework works.

That said, Massimo and the group have demonstrated a commitment to
performance so if you have any specific recommendations or, better, code,
I'm sure they'd be happy to consider.