As suggested by the community, I am trying to export json data to
dataTable.
But only blank dataTable is rendered (with desired formatting, search
box, etc.)
Pl. introspect into my code as to where I have a mistake.
Data is not displayed (as returned by "get_data" method).
I have made sure that the tables in MySQL have been populated.

-------------------
Controller
-------------------
def show_data():
    return dict()

def get_data():
    custdata = db.executesql(qry, as_dict=True)
    return dict(mydata=custdata)

# For testing purpose, I returned response.json(custdata) in a
separate method & validated the output on "jsonlint.com".
It is valid json.
But, here the returned value is dict(mydata=custdata).
How do I reference the custdata object in View?
Already tried {{=mydata}} in <script> tag in View

-------------------
View (show_data.html)
-------------------
{{extend 'layout.html'}}

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    var oTable = $('.smarttable').dataTable( {
        "sScrollY": "200px",
        "sAjaxSource": "{{=URL('MIS','get_data.json')}}",
        "sDom": "frtiS",
        "bDeferRender": true
    } );
} );
</script>

# html table tags go here

<h1>Customer Database</h1>
<thead>
</thead>
<tbody>

</tbody>

# This link is for testing json data returned.

Thanks,
Vineet