It's in version 1.93.2 as far as I can tell...
You can simply check in your version by passing a named parameter
(linkColumns = xyz..) to SQLTABLE and seeing if it works, like so:

def ManageUserProfiles():
    response.view = 'shared/allpurpose.html'
    response.title = 'Timesheets - manage user profiles'
    ListingsTable = SQLTABLE(db().select(
        db.Timesheet_User_Profile.id,
        db.Timesheet_User_Profile.User_id,
        db.Timesheet_User_Profile.Role,
        db.Timesheet_User_Profile.Budget_Utilisation,
        db.Timesheet_User_Profile.Active),
        columns = ['Timesheet_User_Profile.User_id',
'Timesheet_User_Profile.Role', 'Timesheet_User_Profile.Budget_Utilisation',
'Timesheet_User_Profile.Active'],
        linkColumns = [('', EditUserProfileLink, 'edit')],
        truncate=30,
        headers = 'labels'
        )

def EditUserProfileLink(field, type, ref):
    return URL(r=request, f='EditUserProfile', vars={'record': field})

I wish I'd known more about python style convention at the time and called
the parameter link_columns instead.

Perhaps its not too late to change this if its not being used by that many
people yet?
It could also do with some documentation in the class' docstring...

Perhaps I should submit another patch to Massimo.