On Friday, June 24, 2011 12:13:25 PM UTC-4, apple wrote:

> That is not the case with response.render. By default if you just
> specify the filename then it looks first in views not in views/
> controller.

Right, I think you misunderstood what I wrote -- by default *if you don't
specify any view file*, it will look for a view file called
'/views/current_controller/current_function.html', and if it doesn't find
it, it will use /views/generic.html. However, if you *do* specify a view
file, you must specify the full path (excluding the '/views/' part),
otherwise, it won't find the file, and again will end up using generic.html.