I've been away to conferences and somehow missed these replies!

Thank you all for the replies!

I send the same content, so in principle CSS definitions should be able to
restyle satisfactorily.

I actually found two books that seem quite helpful: by Jonathan Stark,
published by O'Reilly, "Building iPhone apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
without ObjectiveC or Cocoa", and "Building Android apps with HTML, CSS, and
JavaScript".   The two books are very similar, and they describe a way to
create native apps by way of creating a webapp and using PhoneGap.  (We are
happy enough just having a web app that looks good!!!).

Thanks!!
L.