Following the web2py book, chapter 03 Overview, I try to install KPAX
via the Admin page.
Admin show version 1.97.1.

Under "upload and install packed application" I provide URL
http://web2py.com/appliances/default/download/app.source.221663266939.tar
as in the book - I get "Unable to install apllication "kpax".

If I download web2py.app.kpax_cms.w2p, and supply that file in the
Upload a Package field, I get the same message.

I can view the source file applications\admin\controllers\default.py
and see where app_install is called and that error message is
produced, but grep in the web2py and contained directories for
"app_install" does not show me the definition of app_install.

Any ideas?