I have the following model:

db.define_table("files",
                Field("title", "string"),
                Field("description", "text"),
                Field("file","upload", autodelete = True),             #
something to be uploaded
                signature)
db.files.id.represent = \
                      lambda id: A('edit',
                                   _href=URL(r=request, c='default',
                                             f='edit_document_entry',
                                             args=str(id)))

When I use the 'edit' link and click on the 'delete' button and submit
Web2Py flashes that the record has been deleted.  Actually that is not
true:  All that was deleted was sthe uploaded file or at least the link to
it in the record.  The rest of the record is still there.

The record count stays the same after the deletion.

I know I can delete the record using (db.files.id==<id>).delete()  but why
the abovementioned behaviour?

Regards
Johann
--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for