Hello!

I'd like to replace few of my PHP sites sites with Python technology in order
to be able to tweak them according to our needs and we prefer Python for PHP.

Basically, my needs are to have decent CMS+blog+shop which can be tweaked
easily and, so far, I was looking at Django along with two possibilities:

1) Django-CMS + Zinnia blog engine + django-shop and

2) Mezzanine + Cartridge shop.

Both have enough features for our needs and we hope they're extensible enough
so that we can plumb some other django apps, customize the combo and we'd have
to write custom payment (form-based) module for one of the above shops.

Now, I've heard some nice stories about Web2Py and wonder if it fits in the
same league of frameworks as Django and if there are some CMS+blog+shop apps
written for it which are ready to use and tweak instead of writing everything
from the scratch?

Or is it better to use Django considering there are more ready/mature apps
available?

I'm ready to learn the framework, but I simply do not have time to develop &
maintain all the required components, but prefer using available ('reusable')
apps and combine 'em to get final sites (we need few of them).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)