There is huge list of new features already in trunk that will be
included in 1.99.1

Here is a partial list:
- experimental gluon/scheduler.py
- scripts/make_min_web2py.py
- crud.search has more options, thanks Denes
- gluon/contrib/simplejsonrpc.py
- gluon/contrib/redis_cache.py
- new SQLFORM.grid and SQLFORM.smartgrid (should replace crud.search
and crud.select)
- support for natural language queries (english only) in SQLFORM.grid
- support for computed columns and additional links in SQLFORM.grid
- cleanup of code
- support for A(name,callback=url,target='id',delete='tr')
- support for A(name,component=url,target='id',delete='tr')
- isapiwsgihandler.py
- dal expression.coalesce(*options)
- new pip installer, thanks Chris Steel
- gluon/contrib/simplejsonrpc.py, thanks Mariano
- expire_sessions.py respects expiration time, thanks iceberg
- fixed problem with max text length
- addressed this issue:
http://fuelyourcoding.com/jquery-events-stop-misusing-return-false/
- x509 support (needs rocket upgrade, thanks Michele)
- form.process() and for.validate()
- rocket upgrade (1.2.4)
- jQuery upgrade (1.6.3)
- new syntax rows[i]('tablename.fieldname')
- new query syntax field.contains(list,all=True or False)
- request.utcnow
- cleaner/simpler welcome/models/db.py and welcome layout.html
- response.include_meta() and response.include_files(), thanks Denes
- dal auto-reconnect on time-out connections
- COL and COLGROUP helpers
- addressed OWASP #10, thanks Anthony and Eric
- Auth(auto_redirect=[URL(...)])
- auth.settings.login_after_registration=True
- detection of mobile devices and @mobilize helper (view.mobile.html)
- new style virtual fields (experimental):
db.table.field=Field.Lazy(...)
- many bug fixes  (thanks Jonathan, Michele, Fran and others)

I am forgetting something important? Am I forgetting to acknowledge
your contribution?
Please let me know, privately if you prefer.

Massimo