As others have said, setting response.view='...' to any view will
change the view for the controller.

In fact, you could go crazy and put a view dictionary in session,
e.g.

if "my_controller" in session.views.remap:
    response.view = session.views.remap["my_controller"]

each multi-view controller checks this dictionary for alternate view
selection.