I apologise to the group that I have not been able to pursue this over the
past few weeks.

My idea to get the ball rolling was to try and create a google groups like
'forum' on gae or fluxflex using the comments widget from the plugin_wiki as
a base.

(Whilst it would be easy to just start a new google group it seems to me a
simple web2py based app would be a much better way to start. Indeed the
forum could be our first application)

>From there we could discuss the way forward as I believe this overall
project is as much about co-ordination of the functionality, look and feel,
documentation, installation process, plugin options, hosting, version
control, etc. as it is about the actual code itself.

There have been some excellent new initiatives since my first message
including instant press 2.0, instant admin and simple cms.

I was unable to create the 'forum' mostly due to lack of technical
confidence and now a new job.

So rather than abandon the project, I was wondering if there was anyone else
out there that may be interested in creating a 'forum' (ie google groups
clone) on gae or flexflux or somewhere appropriate.

If there is no one but there is still interest in the project, then in a few
weeks I will look at creating a google group, something like
web2py-applications.

Cheers,
nic