Hi there,

My 3 cents.

1. Ignore those people advocating a "backward-incompatible" web2py
2.0. They did not even provide a reasonable must-have backward-
incompatible feature wishlist. Shall we release a backward-
incompatible version of web2py just for, being backward-incompatible?
Nonsense.

2. According to Bruno Rocha's recommendation of Semantic Versioning
[1] (and thank you Bruno), I really like the idea and will vote for a
1.100 instead of 2.0. Under our "always-backward-compatible"
philosophy, there should never be a web2py 2.0, but we will have a
web3py 1.0 in future. (Perhaps web4py 1.0 in even longer future.)

3. The "alphabetic comparison in which case 100 is less than 99" is
considered a bug which will be fixed by web2py 1.99 according to
Massimo. That is already good enough. For those people who would skip
web2py 1.99, it is not a big disaster anyway. They can have a manual
upgrade later, which is a very little acceptable cost.

Regards,
Ray (a.k.a. Iceberg)

[1] http://semver.org/