Thanks, that solved the problem,

didn't realize i wasn't saving in session, i was trying to transfer by
url following examples,
so i made following changes to code and now it is transferring values
correctly

redirect(URL('index',vars ={'bla' :request.vars.color}))

def index():
    var = request.vars.bla
    return dict(message=T('Hello World'),var = var)