SQLFORM.factory renames and uploads my file to uploads/ dir via
store() in dal.py  great.

In form.accepts (will refactor code to use .process() soon) I store
the new filename in a currently unsupported db.

What is the safe/proper/best way to retrieve my file?

I know the renamed filename but since there is no table defined in a
model the web2py download function won't work for me.  It requires db.

The only way I can think of is opening the file with plain python and
skipping the download function altogether.

Would skipping the download function open my app up to security
hazards?  I planned to use it with authorization but that's a no go
without a model.

I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.  Thank you.

-David Bloom