Do you have anything else running on that webserver? If you had only Seaside before all defaults where pointing to Seaside but after taking web2py into your configuration files and depending on in what order different settings where loaded some default settings might have changed and not pointing to Seaside anymore.

Kenneth
I resolved the problem. It turns out that I needed to insert Location
directives into the Apache configuration in order to grant access to
the Seaside app. Why I didn't need these directives *before* I
deployed web2py confounds me. Apparently, web2py did *something* to
force my hand.

Richard